1/2 Photos of Chocolate Covered Cherries
You can prepare these ahead. The candy just gets better as it is stored, with the centers becoming even juicier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, butter, milk and extract; mix well.
- 2Knead into a large ball.
- 3Roll into 1-inch balls and flatten each into a 2-inch circle.
- 4Wrap around cherries and lightly roll in hands.
- 5Place with stems up on waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- 6Cover loosely and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- 7Melt the chocolate chips and shortening in a double boiler or microwave-safe bowl.
- 8Holding on to stem, dip cherries into chocolate; set on waxed paper to harden.
- 9Store in a covered container.
- 10Refrigerate 1-2 weeks before serving.
- 11Yield: about 3 dozen.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Covered Cherries
Serving Size: 1 (1190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.4
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 13.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 0.4 g