1/1 Photo of Chocolate Covered Cherries
Found this on a recipe board a couple of years ago
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain cherries well; let stand on paper toweling.
- 2Make fondant: Combine butter or margarine, corn syrup and salt; stir in powdered sugar.
- 3Knead until smooth.
- 4Chill if too soft.
- 5Shape a teaspoon of the fondant around each cherry.
- 6Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet; chill.
- 7In small heavy saucepan or deep bowl over pan of hot water, melt chocolate coating, stirring constantly.
- 8Holding onto stems, dip fondant-covered cherries, one at a time, into melted chocolate.
- 9Spoon mixture over cherries to coat.
- 10Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- 11Place in refrigerator to harden.
- 12Store in covered container in cool place.
- 13Let ripen a week or two and fondant will begin to liquefy.
- 14Makes 60 chocolate-covered cherries.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Covered Cherries
Serving Size: 1 (1322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.3
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 1.5 mg
- Sodium 16.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 1.4 g