1/1 Photo of Chocolate Covered Cherries
1 hr 20 mins
I love chocolate covered cherries,and these are so easy to make.I make them every Christmas and Valentines Day
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain cherries,place on paper towels and pat well.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Place sifted powdered sugar in bowl.
- 4Combine melted butter,evaporated milk vanilla,and salt.
- 5Pour over powdered sugar and mix well.
- 6May need to use hands to form a stiff,not sticky dough.
- 7Add more powdered sugar slowly,if need to form dough.
- 8Now pinch of a small amount,flatten into a disc and form around each cherry.
- 9Pinch off any excess dough.
- 10Place cherry on wax paper lined cookie sheets and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 11Melt chocolate chips and shortening over boiling water in double boiler.
- 12Dip cherries in chocolate,scraping off excess.
- 13Refrigerate until chocolate is hard.
- 14(I cheat sometimes and just use the chocolate flavored Almond Bark or candy coating).
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Covered Cherries
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.2
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.0 mg
- Sodium 27.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: