Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 hrs
Mini cheesecake squares with graham cracker crusts coated in chocolate. Mmmmm!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 24 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- Heat oven to 300ºF.
- Line 8" square pan w/heavy duty foil with foil extending over sides of pan.
- Spray foil w/nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine all crust ingredients; mixing well.
- Press into bottom of foil lined, sprayed pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add all remaining filling ingredients; beat until smooth.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake at 300ºF.
- for 40 to 45 minutes or until edges appear set.
- Center will be soft but sets as it cools.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Lift cheesecake out of pan by lifting foil.
- Cut into 48 squares and place each square onto waxed paper.
- Melt coating ingredients in a small sauce pan over low heat until smooth, stirring frequently.
- Cool slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Put into a small 2-cup bowl.
- Use a fork to stick into tops of squares, dip each one into coating and coat bottom and sides, let excess drip off.
- Place back onto waxed paper.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon coating mixture over each bite to coat the tops and smooth with the back of the spoon.
- Let stand until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Store in the fridge.
- Try different flavored crumbs for the crust: chocolate or cinnamon grahams, vanilla or chocolate wafers.
- You can also slice cheesecake into larger squares and drizzle the melted chocolate over the top.
- Look in the cake decorating supplies department for dipping forks, which are angled for dipping.
these were really good i didn't add the orange zest and i did half chocolate covered and half with cherry pie filling. thanks for the recipe
I found this recipe because I was looking for something comparable to those Sara Lee cheesecake bites. I did it without the shortening though because mine was bad, and smelled funny-so with some fresh shortening the chocolate dipping would have been a bit easier, but either way it was still really easy ( I just melted the chips and a bit of butter)! I Saran wrapped the squares individually and froze them, we eat them as dessert/snacks so the portion isn't overwhelming.