Mini cheesecake squares with graham cracker crusts coated in chocolate. Mmmmm!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 24 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1Heat oven to 300ºF.
- 2Line 8" square pan w/heavy duty foil with foil extending over sides of pan.
- 3Spray foil w/nonstick spray.
- 4In a small bowl, combine all crust ingredients; mixing well.
- 5Press into bottom of foil lined, sprayed pan.
- 6In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- 7Add all remaining filling ingredients; beat until smooth.
- 8Pour over crust.
- 9Bake at 300ºF.
- 10for 40 to 45 minutes or until edges appear set.
- 11Center will be soft but sets as it cools.
- 12Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 13Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- 14Lift cheesecake out of pan by lifting foil.
- 15Cut into 48 squares and place each square onto waxed paper.
- 16Melt coating ingredients in a small sauce pan over low heat until smooth, stirring frequently.
- 17Cool slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 18Put into a small 2-cup bowl.
- 19Use a fork to stick into tops of squares, dip each one into coating and coat bottom and sides, let excess drip off.
- 20Place back onto waxed paper.
- 21Spoon about 1 teaspoon coating mixture over each bite to coat the tops and smooth with the back of the spoon.
- 22Let stand until firm, about 20 minutes.
- 23Store in the fridge.
- 25Try different flavored crumbs for the crust: chocolate or cinnamon grahams, vanilla or chocolate wafers.
- 26You can also slice cheesecake into larger squares and drizzle the melted chocolate over the top.
- 27Look in the cake decorating supplies department for dipping forks, which are angled for dipping.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Squares
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.4
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.3 mg
- Sodium 54.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g