Recipe by Sugar Fairy
I came up with this recipe while craving the combination of all items in the title. Every recipe I found, I was missing some key ingredient. I gathered up what I did have, and came up with these. You will crave these! They lasted about 2 days in my house. The second the last one was eaten, I was approached and demanded to make more.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 cups marshmallow cream
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bottom and sides of a 9x13 pan.
- Combine cake mix, egg, water and melted butter or margarine. Press evenly into the bottom of the greased pan. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden. Cool.
- Whip together the marshmallow cream and peanut butter. Stir in chopped peanuts. Spread over cooled cake.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Add brown sugar, water and corn syrup and bring to a boil. Cook for several minutes until the mixture is no longer grainy. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and condensed milk. Cool slightly.
- Pour caramel over marshmallow mixture and spread evenly.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave or double broiler, stirring frequently until melted.
- Pour melted chocolate over caramel and spread evenly.
- Allow to set 4 hours, or overnight.