Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
why stop with just crunchy munchy sticky caramely corn when you can have chocolate too..
Make and share this Chocolate Covered Caramel Corn recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 quarts popped corn
- 1 cup Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 large marshmallows, cut in quarters
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup peanuts (optional)
- Prepare Caramel Corn:.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, syrup and salt in a saucepan.
- Boil 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the baking soda and vanilla.
- Stir well and then pour over popped corn in a large roaster.
- If you have to put into two large tinfoil buttered roasters, it will be easier to stir in two pans.
- Bake in oven at 250 degrees for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Pour onto waxed paper and cool.
- Break up into pieces.
- Chocolate Coating:.
- Melt chips, marshmallows, butter and water for about four minutes in the microwave, stirring until smooth.
- You can do this on the stove top too, just melt until very smooth.
- Place the cooled caramel corn and peanuts, if using, in a large roasting pan or on a large cookie sheet, single layer, and drizzle chocolate over lightly. Using a baggy with the corner snipped off, will help drizzling the coating over top.