A tasty halloween treat that kids will love
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 caramels
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- colored sprinkles
- 1 small red cinnamon candies
- sliced almonds
- 1Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Cut licorice into tiny pieces.
- 2Flatten each caramel into a small oval.
- 3Press pieces of licorice onto the edges of 12 out of the 24 flattened caramels.
- 4Top each caramel with a second caramel and press edges to seal. Put on prepared baking sheet.
- 5Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl.
- 6Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- 7Stir and then microwave on high another minute longer.
- 8Remove from oven and stir until melted.
- 9Spoon melted chocolate over each candy.
- 10Decorate with nuts and use the cinnamon candies for the eyes.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Covered Bugs
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.0
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 51.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red cinnamon candies