Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tasty halloween treat that kids will love
Make and share this Chocolate Covered Bugs recipe from Food.com.
- 24 caramels
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- colored sprinkles
- 1 small red cinnamon candies
- sliced almonds
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Cut licorice into tiny pieces.
- Flatten each caramel into a small oval.
- Press pieces of licorice onto the edges of 12 out of the 24 flattened caramels.
- Top each caramel with a second caramel and press edges to seal. Put on prepared baking sheet.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Stir and then microwave on high another minute longer.
- Remove from oven and stir until melted.
- Spoon melted chocolate over each candy.
- Decorate with nuts and use the cinnamon candies for the eyes.