A tasty halloween treat that kids will love
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 caramels
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- colored sprinkles
- 1 small red cinnamon candies
- sliced almonds
- 1Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Cut licorice into tiny pieces.
- 2Flatten each caramel into a small oval.
- 3Press pieces of licorice onto the edges of 12 out of the 24 flattened caramels.
- 4Top each caramel with a second caramel and press edges to seal. Put on prepared baking sheet.
- 5Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl.
- 6Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- 7Stir and then microwave on high another minute longer.
- 8Remove from oven and stir until melted.
- 9Spoon melted chocolate over each candy.
- 10Decorate with nuts and use the cinnamon candies for the eyes.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Covered Bugs
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.0
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 51.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red cinnamon candies