1/1 Photo of Chocolate-Covered Brownie Truffles
24 hrs 30 mins
These sinful little bites are a double-blast of chocolate decadence. The idea was inspired by a recipe my mother made at Christmas time as well as the latest craze of cake pops. These little devils pack a big chocolate punch with moist, chewy brownie inside surrounded by a chocolate shell. Just be sure to have a big glass of ice-cold milk close at hand. For easier dipping and serving, spear with festive toothpicks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, oil, water and eggs. Mix well and pour into a greased 13 x 9 inch cake pan.
- 3Bake for 24-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow brownies to cool completely. Cooling overnight is best, but be sure to cover them securely.
- 4Once cool, cut brownies into 1-inch squares. Remove each brownie from the pan and roll in the palms of your hands until rounded. If desired, trim the chewy outside edge from the brownies before cutting into 1-inch squares. Spear each brownie ball with a toothpick.
- 5On a large cookie sheet, lay a sheet of waxed paper.
- 6Place chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave-safe glass mixing bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- 7Carefully dip the bottom of each brownie ball into the chocolate. Hold sideways and spoon chocolate over the ball until completely covered. Allow excess chocolate to drip off into the bowl. Place each ball on the waxed paper 1 inch apart. If the chocolate mixture thickens, re-microwave for 15-20 seconds at a time until it reaches the desired consistency.
- 8If desired, garnish each truffle with a dusting of cocoa & powdered sugar: In a small mixing bowl, combine cocoa and powdered sugar. Sprinkle lightly over truffles. Refrigerate until chocolate hardens. Store at room temperature in a tightly covered container for up to one week.
- 9Pour a tall glass of ice-cold milk, sit back and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Covered Brownie Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.5
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 154.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g