Redneck Epicurean's Note:
This is a Kentucky twist to the Christmas favorite. Yeah, we got Bourbon balls and I love 'em, but I bet if you give these this holiday season, your gonna hear RAVE reviews!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour bourbon over drained cherries. Cover, refrigerate and allow to set for 2 days.
- 2Combine butter, corn syrup and salt. Blend until smooth. Add confectioners’ sugar and mix well. Knead until smooth and shiny. Chill for 30 minutes wrapped in waxed paper.
- 3While chilling, drain cherries well on paper towels. Pat dry. Reserve bourbon marinade for a cake or other dish (will keep if it is covered and refrigerated).
- 4Shape a marble-sized piece of fondant around each cherry. Place on waxed paper and chill at least 2 hours until firm.
- 5Melt chocolate in top of a double boiler over simmering water. Dip cherries in chocolate and set back on waxed papers. Allow trays to cool in refrigerator. Store in airtight containers.
- 6Candy will ripen well in about 2 days.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Covered Bourbon Cherries
Serving Size: 1 (758 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 578.4
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 160.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 86.3 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: