Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Dinner Impossible with Michael Symon. These are simple and simply wonderful. Don't knock it till you try it.
- 1 lb sliced thick slab bacon
- 1⁄2 lb milk chocolate
- 1⁄4 lb toasted almond
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place bacon on a sheet tray and cook until crisp, about 25 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler over low heat.
- Dip crisp bacon in chocolate and place back on sheet tray.
- Sprinkle with almonds and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
This is wonderful. A hit for the whole family. We served it for a chocolate-themed birthday party, and it was a huge hit! Gone almost immediately.
This is very strange, you tasted chocolate and almond - and then the bacon. I didn't care for it but my DS liked it a lot - so three stars. If your looking for novelty food this would be good, since it looks like toffee, but it's not! Made in for the Cook-A-Thon for KelBel in memory of her beloved DH, Eric. Eric I hope you're looking down at us and laughing!