1/3 Photos of Chocolate Covered Bacon
Shelby Jo's Note:
I haven't tried this, but I definitely will. Sounds crazy enough to work! Bacon = yum. Chocolate = yum. It has to work...right?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 lb of uncooked bacon
- 1Heat large skillet on high; add bacon strips.
- 2Turn bacon strips over as needed with tongs.
- 3Cook back until it’s reduced to about ¼ of its original size and appears to be crispy. (Personally I believe that the bacon should be crispy; however if you prefer your chocolate covered bacon chewy opposed to crunchy then reduce cooking time by removing your bacon earlier).
- 4Drain bacon on papertowels to remove grease.
- 5While the bacon is cooling fill the double boiler or medium sauce pan with water and bring to a medium heat.
- 6Place double boiler top pan in double boiler bottom pan or put the small sauce pan in the medium sauce pan.
- 7Slowly add chocolate morsels into top pan and stir while morsels melt. Do this until all morels have been added. (Be sure to keep stirring to prevent the chocolate from burning.).
- 8Using your fingers or tongs carefully dip the bacon strips into the chocolate, if necessary use a spoon to spoon the melted chocolate over the bacon evenly coating it.
- 9Once coated lay strips on cooling rack (with something underneath to catch the drips) or waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Cool in refrigerator for 15 minutes to set chocolate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Covered Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 638.9
- Calories from Fat 440
- Total Fat 48.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 53.1 mg
- Sodium 632.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 30.0 g
- Protein 11.2 g