Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is such a simple recipe, barely any work at all. The final product is so pretty and can be served as an appetizer or dessert.
- 30 dried apricots
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon solid shortening
- In a small bowl, melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between.
- Add shortening; stir until blended.
- Dip apricots half-way in the chocolate, shake off excess, cool on waxed paper. Let chocolate set, then refrigerate.
The looked pretty on a holiday goodies platter.
Making these the same way except I never added the shortening. Next time I'll try the shortening to see the difference, thanks! update: made it with the shortening for chocolate covered strawberries- it made more liquid and worked great. Thanks!
This is such a wonderful recipe to take anywhere. Nutritious and delicious. .. (not to mention- EASY).