400 hrs 3 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1742 large ants (if they are small, use 2,044)
- 3 cups melted chocolate
- 1Catch ants at a picnic site and keep them in a glass jar to which you have added a teaspoon of sugar to keep them happy.
- 2(Unhappy ants are liable to go sour before processing.) At home, pick up each ant with tweezers and remove entrails with a small, very sharp knife edge.
- 3This will take about 400 hours.
- 4If you are in a hurry, eliminate this step; you'll never know the difference.
- 5Dip each ant into melted chocolate and place to drain on waxed paper.
- 6If any of them are still able to crawl off the paper, let them go-- be a good sport!
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Covered Ants
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.0
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: