Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 400 hrs
Cook 3 mins
Make and share this Chocolate Covered Ants recipe from Food.com.
- Catch ants at a picnic site and keep them in a glass jar to which you have added a teaspoon of sugar to keep them happy.
- (Unhappy ants are liable to go sour before processing.) At home, pick up each ant with tweezers and remove entrails with a small, very sharp knife edge.
- This will take about 400 hours.
- If you are in a hurry, eliminate this step; you'll never know the difference.
- Dip each ant into melted chocolate and place to drain on waxed paper.
- If any of them are still able to crawl off the paper, let them go-- be a good sport!
Mirjam...I keep wondering how many people (like Al there) aren't quite sure if this is for real or not *LOL Hey, if anyone needs ants...come to TX, we have those "BIG OLE" Fire Ants! (yuck!!!) Thanks for the chuckle!
Thanks for making me laugh.
Hey everybody, chocolate-covered Ants are very good...they taste like chocolate-covered raisins! I wouldn't have the patience to clean 'em, but remember the chocolate-covered raisin bit the next time you're at the concession stand at the movies!