Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Chocolate Covered Ants recipe from Food.com.
- 1742 large ants (if they are small, use 2,044)
- 3 cups melted chocolate
- Catch ants at a picnic site and keep them in a glass jar to which you have added a teaspoon of sugar to keep them happy.
- (Unhappy ants are liable to go sour before processing.) At home, pick up each ant with tweezers and remove entrails with a small, very sharp knife edge.
- This will take about 400 hours.
- If you are in a hurry, eliminate this step; you'll never know the difference.
- Dip each ant into melted chocolate and place to drain on waxed paper.
- If any of them are still able to crawl off the paper, let them go-- be a good sport!