2 hrs 15 mins
This is just so easy and tasty. I always find my self licking the bowl of the melted chocolate and the pan too! it's a bit more than the traditional melting of the chocolate and chucking the cornflakes in, giving it a unique and addictive taste. I eat half the tin whenever I make it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease the sides of a 20cm shallow tin (preferably square) with a little margarine on kitchen paper (grease it well, but don't leave too much butter.
- 2Use grease proof paper for the bottom of tin by cutting it to the right size. (this will make it easier to lift the cakes out rather than with butter).
- 3Break the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of boiling water (keep the heat on low so the water just bubbles slightly).
- 4When the chocolate has melted, add the cornflakes and stir them in well. Make sure that they are covered all over in chocolate.
- 5Spoon the mixture into the tin and leave the tin in the fridge for 2 hours.
- 6Finally -- cut into 9 squares and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Kid-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cornflake Munch
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.1
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 144.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 4.5 g