Recipe by Sahds
This is just so easy and tasty. I always find my self licking the bowl of the melted chocolate and the pan too! it's a bit more than the traditional melting of the chocolate and chucking the cornflakes in, giving it a unique and addictive taste. I eat half the tin whenever I make it!
Top Review by michelles3boys
I thought this was good. The recipe didn't state what kind of chocolate to use, so I used semi-sweet chocolate chips. I think I will try milk chocolate next time to compare, maybe using a Hershey bar. It's definitely something easy to make when you are craving chocolate. * I came back to edit my review to say that a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter mixed in the chocolate would probably be yummy. I am going to try that next time. Made for Spring PAC '09.
- 225 g chocolate
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup or 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 50 g margarine
- 100 g corn flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease the sides of a 20cm shallow tin (preferably square) with a little margarine on kitchen paper (grease it well, but don't leave too much butter.
- Use grease proof paper for the bottom of tin by cutting it to the right size. (this will make it easier to lift the cakes out rather than with butter).
- Break the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of boiling water (keep the heat on low so the water just bubbles slightly).
- When the chocolate has melted, add the cornflakes and stir them in well. Make sure that they are covered all over in chocolate.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and leave the tin in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Finally -- cut into 9 squares and enjoy!