Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love cornbread and I love chocolate...so I combined the two and made this absolutely perfect chocolate dessert! I used my favorite cornbread recipe that I got from a foodie friend, and I tweaked it a bit! It worked great!
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup fine cornmeal
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup corn oil
- 1 cup milk
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Mix all wet ingredients together.
- Combine both til mixed well.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 25-35 minutes or til center of bread springs back when light pressed.
Was considering brownies but was also thinking about making cornbread, when I thought to google for a combination. Very easy to make, moist and chocolaty with the slight grit of cornbread. I added some chocolate chips as well. This is a nice desert. Add some butter and powdered sugar and you have a great desert. Also great with coffee.
As much as I like chocolate AND cornbread, I'd never have thought of putting them together in the same mouthful! However, after tasting this, I'm completely won over! These are absolutely wonderful, & especially so when I had one topped with a bit of homemade honey butter! Definitely a keeper of a recipe for me! Thanks so much for posting it! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]