1/1 Photo of Chocolate Cookies With Fudgy Centres
1 hr 10 mins
NOTE: I'VE ALREADY UPDATED THE INGREDIENTS LIST. I've read many chocolate cookie recipes with chocolate centres that I decided to come up with my own. I made these really small. If they're too big, they'll turn out.. nasty. These rose up rather nicely in the oven, and my parents have dubbed this the "chocolate pillow"! Preparation time includes refrigeration time, and is just a guess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and sugar together. Add salt if using.
- 2Sift the flour and cocoa powder together.
- 3Lightly beat the egg yolk with milk and vanilla extract together.
- 4Gradually beat egg mixture into butter/sugar mixture. Fold in flour/cocoa mixture.
- 5Press the dough together and freeze for 10 minutes.
- 6Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Grease 2 baking trays or line with parchment paper.
- 7Roll out the dough to about 1/4" thick between two plastic sheets. Cut out with small cookie cutters.
- 8Repeat with remaining dough until all is used up.
- 9Place a chocolate chip in the centre of 1 piece of cookie dough. Top with another piece of cookie dough and press sides together to seal.
- 10Repeat until all the cookie dough is used up.
- 11Line them up nicely on the prepared baking tray and place in preheated oven. Bake for about 10 minutes, remove and cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cookies With Fudgy Centres
Serving Size: 1 (683 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.7
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 9.4 mg
- Sodium 102.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 0.7 g