1/7 Photos of Chocolate Cookies With Chocolate Covered Raisins
We bought a bunch of dark chocolate covered raisins from the candy bins where you scoop out what you want. So my DH scooped up a lot! I hid half of it till I tossed this recipe together. The outside is crunchy, but the center will be moist and chewy. This recipe has two methods of directions so it's not a hard recipe to put together. Your choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 10 ounces chocolate-covered raisins
- 1Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda, together in a medium bowl.
- 2Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat or in the microwave oven. Remove pan from the heat, and add the bittersweet chocolate, set aside until melted.
- 3Whisk the eggs, yolk, brown sugar, and vanilla together in a medium bowl then slowly whisk in melted chocolate mixture.
- 4Stir in the flour mixture to make a loose dough. Don't over work the dough. Fold in the chocolate covered raisins. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- 5Alternate Method for Food Processor owners:.
- 6Melt butter in micro.
- 7Finely chop chocolate in food processor with metal blade.
- 8Pour in warm melted butter and process till smooth.
- 9Add vanilla, brown sugar, pulse to blend. Add slightly beaten eggs and yolk pulse to blend.
- 10Whisk together flour, baking soda baking powder and salt add to chocolate mixture and pulse to blend.
- 11Remove dough and and fold in chocolate covered raisins.
- 12Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- 13Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 14Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form dough into balls, about 2 inches or 1 1/2 ounces each, and put on the prepared baking sheets, leaving a couple inches between the cookies. Bake about 13 to 15 minutes. Cool on a rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cookies With Chocolate Covered Raisins
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.3
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 29.6 mg
- Sodium 73.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g