Recipe by Pokohontas
Top Review by Anonymous
I don't know what I did wrong, but when my cookies came out of the oven, they were very thin and flat. I expected this from how thin the batter was compared to other cookies I have made in the past. But having that said, the cookies were very delicious.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup hershey's cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs; beat well.
- Stir together flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 5 dozen cookies.
- CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES: Add 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate OR 2 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips to basic chocolate batter.
- MINI KISSES CHOCOLATE COOKIES: Add 1-3/4 cups (10-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S MINI KISSES Milk Chocolates to basic chocolate batter.
- MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES: Add 1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Mint Chocolate Chips to basic chocolate batter.
- CHOCOLATE COOKIES WITH WHITE CHIPS: Add 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips to basic chocolate batter.
- CHOCOLATE COOKIES WITH PEANUT BUTTER CHIPS: Add 1-2/3 cups.
- ( 10-oz. pkg.) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips to basic chocolate batter.
- CHOCOLATE COOKIES WITH TOFFEE: Add 1 to 1-1/4 cups HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits or HEATH Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits to basic chocolate batter. Lightly grease or paper-line cookie sheets.