Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another recipe that came with the cookie press that I have purchased- posting here for safe keeping. Recipe uses metric measurements.
- 230 g butter, at room temperature
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml milk or 29.58 ml water
- 12.32 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml cocoa powder, sifted
- 591.47 ml flour, sifted (all-purpose flour)
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla and salt and mix well.
- Gentley mix in the flour and cocoa using a spoon.
- Pack dough into your cookie press- use instructions for your press.
- Press cookies onto a cookie tray -spacing about 2cm apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Gentley transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Decorate as desired or eat plain.
- Store in an airtight container.
We had fun preparing these cookies and enjoying them.
The recipe is really simple and it works very well.
I removed the cookies from the the oven as I saw the the borders became darker (as they were brown and not golden) and placed on a grid to cool down.
I used some golden sugar perls for decorationa and making them prittier!
Thanks a lot for this recipe, my family (especially my children) loved this challenge.