Recipe by Bokenpop aka Madeleine
If equated, these are to South African children what Oreo Cookies are to American children, though they are not the same in taste. I never stick mine together to make 'sandwiches' but prefer to dip each cookie into melted chocolate and sprinkle on chocolate vermicilli.
- 125 g butter
- 200 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ml vanilla extract
- 375 ml flour
- 10 ml baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 30 ml cocoa powder
- 250 ml coconut
- 125 ml chocolate chips
- chocolate sprinkles, for decoration (vermicelli)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat eggs and vanilla and beat into butter mixture.
- Sift in dry ingredients, add coconut and mix well.
- Scoop 1 tsp mounds onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler and dip in 1/2 of each cookie.
- Lay cookies on sheet of wax paper and sprinkle on vermicilli.
- Place in refrigerator just long enough for chocolate to harden.