Prep 30 mins
Cook 13 mins
If equated, these are to South African children what Oreo Cookies are to American children, though they are not the same in taste. I never stick mine together to make 'sandwiches' but prefer to dip each cookie into melted chocolate and sprinkle on chocolate vermicilli.
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat eggs and vanilla and beat into butter mixture.
- Sift in dry ingredients, add coconut and mix well.
- Scoop 1 tsp mounds onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler and dip in 1/2 of each cookie.
- Lay cookies on sheet of wax paper and sprinkle on vermicilli.
- Place in refrigerator just long enough for chocolate to harden.
Delicious Cookies, only change I made was used egg substitute. I found it difficult was converting dried ingredients such as sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, etc. from mls into grams (I normally used mls to measure liquid ingredients). Once I converted these ingredients it was very easy to make. Little Miss (DD) helped with the chocolate sprinkles so we had lots of fun making these together. Thank you Bokenpop