Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
- Pre-heat oven to 190/ 375 / Gas5.
- Cream the sugar and butter.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture in half and then tear off and shape a total of 18 balls.
- Place on a lined baking sheet and squash slightly to make a squat flat circle. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 1 minute and place on to a cooling rack.
They don't look promising when they go in the oven, but they come out full and puffy. After cooling, they relax into a thin, silky, buttery and delicate cookie. The taste is amazing, like fudgy soft shortbread. I used the ingredients specified; the sugar and flour had to be ordered from the Internet. The North American measurements are: generous 1/4 c caster sugar, 1 stick butter, and shy 1 c self-rising flour (plus the 2 tbsp cocoa powder).
A lovely, simple recipe that hit the spot. Thanks!
This recipe is quick, simple and turns out fantastic. A must if you want to bake with children and cooked in 8 minutes flat. Highly recommended.