Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This has got to be one of my favorite cookie recipes.
- 250 g butter, chopped
- 200 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup soft brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 250 g white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Line 2 - 3 oven trays with baking paper.
- Melt butter and chocolate.
- Pour into large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, sugar.
- Stir til well combined.
- Add sifted flour and cocoa.
- Stir in choc bits.
- Mix well.
- Drop 2 tablespoon of mixture on trays spacing well apart.
- continue until all the mixture is used.
- Bake 10 minutes or until the top feels firm.
- Cool on trays 2 minutes before transferring to racks.
These were REALLY good- BUT- I had to add a few things- 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking soda and one more 1/2 cup of flour. Baked at 400 on a baking stone for 8-10 minutes- Perfect!! Good luck.
For the serious chocolate lover these will not disappoint. They didn't spread when cooking so I made balls on the next batch and flattened them a little before cooking. I might add a little white sugar next time and try to tweak this recipe a little because the cookies were just a tiny bit dry. However, everyone here wolfed them down in record time, so I know they enjoyed these cookies very much. Thanks for posting this, djmastermum!