Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I came up with this recipe after making a batch of chocolate cookies that came out too cake-like for my tastes and decided to repurpose them into something more appealing. The cookies I used were about 3 inches across (and had dried cranberries and almond slices in them), you may need to use more or fewer depending on the size of your cookies. Make sure you use very soft, cake-textured cookies. Cooking time is chilling time.
- Place softened cream cheese in a medium sized bowl, set aside.
- Chop 1 square of baking chocolate into small pieces and melt in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl, 30 - 45 seconds, stir until smooth, cool slightly.
- Stir chocolate into cream cheese, mix well.
- Crumble chocolate cookies into the cream cheese/chocolate mixture, stir until very well combined.
- Scoop by teaspoonfuls and roll into balls between your palms, stirring in a few dribbles of cream or milk into mixture if the balls don't hold together.
- Cover and chill balls at least an hour.
- Chop 1 square baking chocolate and the chocolate bark, melt together in a microwave safe bowl until smooth, stirring after the 1st minute and every 20-30 seconds until smooth.
- With a toothpick dip balls into melted chocolate mixture, using a spoon to coat tops and wipe excess from bottoms, place on large, foil-lined plate or cookie sheet. Allow the chocolate coating to set until firm, store in the refrigerator in a zip baggie.