Recipe by waylonsnanny
This is a delicious dessert I made this weekend. It was a hit with my kids and DH too!! If you love chocolate and oreos you'll love this:)
Top Review by Sandylee
Made this recipe this weekend and was not as I expected it to be. I found that 2 cups of milk with the near 6 oz. of pudding mix was not enough. The pudding mixture was very thick and pasty right from the start. I think it could have used at least 3 cups of milk if not more. The cool whip and the cream cheese mixture was rather bland, could of used some sugar to sweeten a bit. I could not spread anything over the bottom layer of crushed cookies, the cookies kept moving about. The crushed cookies needed the addition of melted butter to bind it together and have it stay in place as a layer. As far as taste goes.....the ingredient were tasty but I feel the consistency of the product could be more palatable.
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 16 double stuffed Oreo cookies, crushed
- 3⁄4 chopped pecans, toasted,optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together chocolate instant pudding mix and 2 cups milk for 2 minutes.
- Cover pudding and chill for 5 minutes.
- Mix together cream cheese and whipped topping with a blender until consistency is smooth.
- Place 1 cup crushed cookies on bottom of an 8 cup bowl or 8/8 dish.
- Spread half of cream cheese mixture over crushed cookies using an icing spreader or your hands, it will be thick.
- sprinkle with half of pecans.
- Spread all of pudding evenly over the top.
- Spread remaining cream cheese mixture evenly over pudding.
- Sprinkle with remaining cookies and pecans.
- Chill until ready to serve.