Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy to make crowd-pleaser from Southern Living.
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 16 Oreo Double Stuff cookies, crushed (about 2 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped and toasted (optional)
- Whisk together chocolate instant pudding mix and 2 cups milk for 2 minutes. Cover pudding and chill 5 minutes.
- Stir together cream cheese and whipped topping, blending well.
- Place 1 cup crushed cookies evenly on bottom of an 8-cup bowl. Spread half of cream cheese mixture over crushed cookies; sprinkle with half of pecans. Spread all of pudding evenly over top; spread remaining cream cheese mixture evenly over pudding. Sprinkle with remaining cookies and pecans. Chill until ready to serve.
- Mocha-Chocolate Cookie Pudding.
- Crush 16 coffee-flavored cream filled chocolate sandwich cookies. Stir 2 tbsp strong brewed coffee into cream cheese mixture. Omit pecans. Proceed as directed.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Pudding.
- Crush 16 peanut butter cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies. Substitute ¼ cup creamy peanut butter for cream cheese and 1 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts for pecans. Proceed as directed.