Recipe by Lady of shallot
This is a very pretty chocolate cookie I found on the hersheys site. I made it last night and it was lovely. It has a simple chocolate flavor I found charming.
Top Review by Carrie in Greenville
Delicious! As I was finishing beating together the dough I thought, "I won't be able to roll this into coils!" but I was pleasantly surprised that it rolled out pretty easily. I learned that I had to twist them into the pretzel shapes directly onto the pan or they would fall apart while moving them to the pan. I gave them a light dusting of powdered sugar after baking and they were perfect! This is the kind of cookie that you can easily eat too many of! Light, not too rich but plenty of flavor. I'm sure I will make them again.
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 350.
- Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla untill fluffy.
- Add eggs;beat well.
- Stir together remaining ingredients in a seperate bowl; gradually add to butter mixture,beating well untill blended.
- Divide dough into 24 pieces.
- On lightly floured surface roll into pencil thick coil.
- Twist into pretzel shape by crossing the ends and folding over so the ends rest on the loop end.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 minutes or untill set.
- Cool 1 minute and then move cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- To finish sprinkle with powdered sugar, or glaze or dip half in frosting or chocolate coating.