Recipe by wife2abadge
These muffins are really good and last several days without getting stale. I think they're even better the second day.
Top Review by Sweet Diva MJ
These are wonderful, rich and indulgent muffins - I originally got the recipe from Taste of Home. I agree that they make a great "dessert" as I feel guilty if I serve them for breakfast. It is a frequent request by my children for their birthday breakfast, when they get to have anything they choose. It is usually this or chocolate chip pancakes! Thanks for posting! : )
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 16 cream-filled sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 5 cream-filled sandwich cookies, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, cold
- 1 cup vanilla chip
- 1 tablespoon shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1 3/4 cups flour, 1/4 cup sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Cut in 1/3 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Beat egg and milk and stir into dry ingredients just until moistened -- do not overmix!
- Fold in coarsely chopped cookies.
- Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
- For topping, combine the flour, sugar, and crushed cookies.
- Cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of topping over each muffin.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 16-18 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack.
- Melt vanilla chips and shortening in a heavy saucepan over low heat until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled muffins.