Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
A rich-tasting crust.
Make and share this Chocolate Cookie Crust recipe from Food.com.
- 30 chocolate wafers (Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers, to yield about 1 1/2 cups crumbs)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Put the cookies in the container of a food processor; process them until they are finely ground.
- Transfer crumbs to a mixing bowl; combine crumbs, butter, salt, and vanilla; stir until the crumbs are moistened.
- Press mixture evenly across the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate and all the way up the sides of the pan; pack tightly so crust is even and compacted.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 6-8 minutes or until crisp.
- Let cool completely before filling.
- May wrap crust in plastic wrap and freeze for 1 month.
I gave this 5 stars. I made a oreo cookie crust using this recipe. I halved the recipe as I thought it would make to much and next time I will make the full recipe and use what I need. I forgot to add the salt and vanilla extract. I had to add 2 tbl. more butter to make the crust but I always have to when making homemade crusts. I also forgot to bake the crust. It still turned out. Thanks for posting a really good recipe. Christine (internetnut)