Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From my Grandma Jewel's recipe box.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda.
- Bring to a rolling boil while stirring for 1 minute, chocolate syrup, butter, water, Crisco.
- Combine dry mixture with syrup mixture.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla and mix well.
- Grease and flour an11 inch by 16 inch by 1 inch jelly roll pan.
- Pour mixture onto pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.