Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Green & Black's organic chocolate. This needs time to chill.
Make and share this Chocolate Cookie Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 7 ounces baking chocolate, broken into pieces (72% cocoa)
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces graham crackers
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄3 cup candied cherry, reserving a few for decoration
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and syrup together in a small saucepan over a low heat until they begin to boil.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl suspended over a saucepan of barely simmering water, then mix thoroughly with the butter and syrup.
- Beat the egg and slowly add it to the hot chocolate mixture.
- Break up the graham crackers into large chunks; add the walnuts, raisins and most of the cherries.
- Pour the chocolate mixture on to the dry ingredients and mix together with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Press the mixture into the pan and decorate with reserved cherries.
- Leave to set in the fridge for about 4 hours. Remove from the fridge, peel off the paper and cut into slices or cubes.
- Serve chilled.