Recipe by FloridaGrl
Great with homemade Vanilla Ice Cream. The kids around here eat these like there is no tomorrow.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan. Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring once halfway through baking.
- Beat 1 cup powdered sugar and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add milk and vanilla,beating until blended.
- Combine flour,cocoa and salt;gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in pecans.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, and place 1 1/2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 11 to 13 minutes or until tops of cookies just begin to crack. Cool on baking sheet 3 minutes. Remove to wire racks; dust with remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Cool 10 minutes.