I got this from a friend who said it came from a magazine. Not knowing I might want to post it, I didn't ask which magazine it came from. I happened to have all the items on hand and made it for dessert last night. It was a total hit and with the after dinner nibbling it was gone by midnight. I was given "permission" to make it again anytime.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pint coffee ice cream
- 1 (9 inch) chocolate cookie pie crust
- 10 chocolate sandwich style cookies, crushed coarsely (about 1 cup)
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
- additional chocolate sandwich style cookies
- 1In a saucepan bring the whipping to a mild simmer and remove from heat.
- 2Whisk in the chocolate chips till they melt.
- 3Add coffee and vanilla and whisk in till well mixed.
- 4Let mixture cool.
- 5Soften coffee ice cream to a spreadable consistency in a microwave oven.
- 6Spread ice cream into the crust.
- 7Cover with 3/4 of the chocolate sauce.
- 8Top with the crushed cookies.
- 9Freeze 20 to 30 minutes, till firm.
- 10Place scoops of the chocolate ice cream all around the edge of pie.
- 11Place a whole cookie between each scoop and drizzle 1/3 of the chocolate sauce over all.
- 12Freeze pie at least 2 hours.
- 13Cover and chill remaining sauce.
- 14When ready to serve pie reheat the sauce and serve it separately to pour over the pie.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cookie and Coffee Ice Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.5
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 63.4 mg
- Sodium 312.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 43.4 g
- Protein 6.4 g