Recipe by Annacia
I got this from a friend who said it came from a magazine. Not knowing I might want to post it, I didn't ask which magazine it came from. I happened to have all the items on hand and made it for dessert last night. It was a total hit and with the after dinner nibbling it was gone by midnight. I was given "permission" to make it again anytime.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pint coffee ice cream
- 1 (9 inch) chocolate cookie pie crust
- 10 chocolate sandwich style cookies, crushed coarsely (about 1 cup)
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
- additional chocolate sandwich style cookies
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan bring the whipping to a mild simmer and remove from heat.
- Whisk in the chocolate chips till they melt.
- Add coffee and vanilla and whisk in till well mixed.
- Let mixture cool.
- Soften coffee ice cream to a spreadable consistency in a microwave oven.
- Spread ice cream into the crust.
- Cover with 3/4 of the chocolate sauce.
- Top with the crushed cookies.
- Freeze 20 to 30 minutes, till firm.
- Place scoops of the chocolate ice cream all around the edge of pie.
- Place a whole cookie between each scoop and drizzle 1/3 of the chocolate sauce over all.
- Freeze pie at least 2 hours.
- Cover and chill remaining sauce.
- When ready to serve pie reheat the sauce and serve it separately to pour over the pie.