Recipe by J Wa
My best friend's mother owned a bakery. This is her recipe but I've been making it for years. Don't be put off by the long list of ingredients, these are well worth the effort. The nuts and cranberries make these especially great in the colder months.
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts or 1 cup almonds
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spread nuts on ungreased cookie sheet and roast for 7-12 minutes until lightly browned; set aside to cool.
- Grease two cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl combine the chips, cranberries, and nuts; set aside.
- In another large bowl beat together the butter, sugar, cream cheese, and egg until very smooth Beat in milk, melted chocolate, marshmallow, and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa Add to the butter mixture Add the chips, cranberries, and nuts.
- Stir well until mixed.
- Batter will be thick.
- Using a 1/4 c measure or a 4 T ice cream scoop, measure out batter and place 2" apart on cookie sheet, putting no more than 6 cookies on a sheet.
- Bake 13-17 minutes until puffed and cooked through.
- Cool on sheet for 1 minute Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.