Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
nice yummy cookie give it a try
- 1 cup slivered toasted almond
- 5 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups oats (not instant)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 whole large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Toast and cool nuts, set aside.
- Chop chocolate place in a bowl with chipits, nuts,cherries, oatmeal.
- Sift flour, soda, salt, and baking powder and set aside.
- Beat butter with both sugars until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat for one minute.
- Add dry ingredients and combine for one minute.
- Add chocolate,nut, cherries, oats.
- Using a wooden spoon combine well.
- Place scoops about 1 3/4 inches onto ungreased parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes, until slightly flattened.
- Cool 2 minutes, then remove to rack.
I LOVE these cookies! My mom made these after reading the book by Diane Mott Davidson entitled "Tough Cookie." They were absolutely wonderful, and my sister and I ate them as quickly as they came out of the oven. Now Mom keeps these on hand any time we come to visit as they are now my favorite cookie.