Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
These freeze well, but they'll never last long enough to actually hit the freezer!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups cola drink, divided
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- BEAT first 4 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Gradually add 11/4 cups cola.
- Increase speed to medium, and beat 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan.
- BAKE at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- COOK butter, remaining 1/2 cup cola soft drink, and cocoa in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter melts.
- (Do not boil.) Remove from heat; stir in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in pecans.
- SPREAD warm frosting over top of warm cake; cool completely on wire rack.