4 hrs 30 mins
Great treat for adults! I got this recipe from a book my aunt gave me called "Mary Englebreit's Sweet Treats Dessert Cookbook". These truffles should be made several hours in advance so they have time to set.
My Private Note
dozen t ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put cream into a small saucepan and heat over high heat until it comes to a simmer.
- 2Place finely chopped chocolate into a medium bowl.
- 3Pour the scalding cream into the bowl and let it sit for 2 minutes.
- 4Stir until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth.
- 5Then, stir in the cognac, if desired.
- 6Let mixture cool completely.
- 7Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set (about 4 hours).
- 8Pour cocoa into a shallow dish and set aside.
- 9Using teaspoon, scoop the truffle mixture into 1-inch balls.
- 10Roll balls in the cocoa and coat evenly.
- 11Place coated truffles into small muffin tins or on a plate.
- 12Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cognac Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (760 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.4
- Calories from Fat 408
- Total Fat 45.3 g
- Saturated Fat 28.1 g
- Cholesterol 163.0 mg
- Sodium 47.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g