Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Great treat for adults! I got this recipe from a book my aunt gave me called "Mary Englebreit's Sweet Treats Dessert Cookbook". These truffles should be made several hours in advance so they have time to set.
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cognac (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Put cream into a small saucepan and heat over high heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Place finely chopped chocolate into a medium bowl.
- Pour the scalding cream into the bowl and let it sit for 2 minutes.
- Stir until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth.
- Then, stir in the cognac, if desired.
- Let mixture cool completely.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set (about 4 hours).
- Pour cocoa into a shallow dish and set aside.
- Using teaspoon, scoop the truffle mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls in the cocoa and coat evenly.
- Place coated truffles into small muffin tins or on a plate.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.