A delicious cold drink for summertime or anytime. Drinks like this cost a fortune at a coffeehouse, but come out of your blender for pennies a serving. As easy as it is tasty.
- 340.19-453.59 g cold coffee (regular, half-caf, or decaf)
- 16 coffee ice cubes (freeze regular, half-caf, or decaf coffee in ordinary ice trays)
- 88.74 ml hot chocolate powder (a big jar or carton of mix is more economical than a box of envelopes)
- 118.29 ml milk (use half and half or cream for a richer drink)
- whipped cream (optional)
- cocoa powder (optional) or chocolate shavings (optional) or ground coffee (optional)
- Kahlua (optional)
- Put cold coffee, coffee ice cubes, hot chocolate mix, and milk into your blender.
- Use low to medium speed, or whatever speed is recommended for crushing ice, to blend until the coffee ice cubes are thoroughly crushed.
- Pour into serving cups.
- For an attractive presentation top with a dollop of whipped cream and lightly dust with cocoa powder, shaved chocolate, or ground coffee.
- Adding a shot of Kahlua to each serving makes a nice drink for the adults on a warm evening.
- Note -- I often have enough coffee left in the pot to make a tray of cubes but in the summer I'll make an extra pot of decaf the night before to use for this and for iced coffee.
- Using sugar-free hot chocolate mix and low-fat milk cuts calories if desired.
I give 5 stars because the one problem was my fault. This was great! I used 1/2 cup of Kahlua and 3/4 cup of milk. I tried to use the coffee ice cubes, but actually fried my blender trying to crush them! LOL I pour the ice cubes in half crushed anyway and it was great! I'll make this again for sure!
Yummmm!!!!! Next time I will try it with the Kahlua. Thank you for this great recipe