1/1 Photo of Chocolate-Coffee Slushies
A delicious cold drink for summertime or anytime. Drinks like this cost a fortune at a coffeehouse, but come out of your blender for pennies a serving. As easy as it is tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 -16 ounces cold coffee (regular, half-caf, or decaf)
- 16 coffee ice cubes (freeze regular, half-caf, or decaf coffee in ordinary ice trays)
- 6 tablespoons hot chocolate powder (a big jar or carton of mix is more economical than a box of envelopes)
- 1/2 cup milk (use half and half or cream for a richer drink)
- whipped cream (optional)
- cocoa powder (optional) or chocolate shavings (optional) or ground coffee (optional)
- Kahlua (optional)
- 1Put cold coffee, coffee ice cubes, hot chocolate mix, and milk into your blender.
- 2Use low to medium speed, or whatever speed is recommended for crushing ice, to blend until the coffee ice cubes are thoroughly crushed.
- 3Pour into serving cups.
- 4For an attractive presentation top with a dollop of whipped cream and lightly dust with cocoa powder, shaved chocolate, or ground coffee.
- 5Adding a shot of Kahlua to each serving makes a nice drink for the adults on a warm evening.
- 6Note -- I often have enough coffee left in the pot to make a tray of cubes but in the summer I'll make an extra pot of decaf the night before to use for this and for iced coffee.
- 7Using sugar-free hot chocolate mix and low-fat milk cuts calories if desired.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Coffee Slushies
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.4
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 4.6 mg
- Sodium 227.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 30.3 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coffee ice cubes