Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of those quick & easy week-night dessert dishes! I got this recipe from a free cooking demo at our local supermarket.
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 3⁄4 cup 2% evaporated milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Combine water& coffee until dissolved.
- Stir in milk& set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder& salt in a bowl; stir in butter& half the coffee mixture until smooth.
- Spoon into lightly greased 8-cup (2 litre) ovenproof dish, smoothing top.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl; sprinkle over batter.
- Pour remaining coffee mixture over top but do not stir.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven for 30 minutes or until sauce bubbles& cake is firm to the touch.
- Serve hot- with ice cream, frozen yoghurt or whipping cream (optional).
This is great! I will make this again! You don't even need to grease and flour the pan .. thanks for a quick and yummy recipe!
This makes a very nice, fast dessert. It has a deep chocolate flavor with just a hint of coffee. I especially liked the sauce in the middle of the cake. I followed directions exactly and served with ice cream. I am thinking that a little cinnamon might be good in this.