Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very light and smooth- just like a mousse should be!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- whipped cream (additional)
- toasted almond
- Melt chocolate over very low heat and let cool slightly.
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to boil, stirring,until sugar is dissolved.
- Beat eggs on medium speed and gradually add chocolate into eggs; stir in liqueur and coffee granules.
- While beating at medium speed, slowly pour hot sugar syrup in a thin stream over egg mixture and beat until well blended.
- Fold in the whipped cream- takes some time to incorporate.
- Chill, covered, for at least two hours or overnight.
- Spoon into 4 parfait dishes.
- Add additional whipped cream (and toasted almonds if desired).