Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1⁄4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur
- 3 -4 tablespoons brewed coffee, cooled
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, 2/3 cup butter & 1/3 cup coffee.
- Add 1/4 cup liqueur, eggs, melted chocolate & vanilla extract.
- Beat at medium speed until mixture is creamy, scraping bowl often.
- Add the remaining cookie ingredients.
- Reduce speed to low. Beat mixture until well combined.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-12 minutes or until set.
- Let stand for 1 minute, remove from cookie sheets & allow to cool completely, set aside.
- Combine frosting ingredients, except the 3-4 Tbsp coffee, in a medium mixer bowl.
- Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often & gradually adding enough coffee for desired spreading consistency.
- When completely cooled, frost the cookies with prepared frosting.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate chips if you like.