Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is something I tried when I realised that there was too much chocolate syrup at home and I needed to find ways to get rid of it! Turned up with this surprisingly simple, easy but yummy frappe recipe. It's not very sweet, but for someone who doesn't add sugar to her coffee (um... that's me), it's perfect! Oh, but feel free to do so, if you wish.
- 1⁄4 cup water, chilled
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk, chilled
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon chocolate syrup (Hershey's or any other sweetened chocolate syrup)
- crushed ice cube, , optional
- In a bowl, dissolve the coffee powder completely in the cold water.
- Add the chocolate syrup and whisk well to dissolve.
- Add the milk, and stir well again.
- Transfer the contents of the bowl into a blender/mixer and blend until smooth and frothy.
- You may add the crushed ice cubes while blending.
- Serve with a dash of cinnamon.
- Note: You can adjust and balance the amount of coffee and chocolate syrup to suit your taste.
This tasted great but not to be taken too close to bed time!
My one question is...how do you end up with TOO MUCH chocolate syrup at home? I can never keep enough on hand.
I liked the name of your creatively thought of recipe. I made it after dinner tonight and love it. Its something my tastebuds are thanking you for:) I used 4 tsps. of chocolate syrup and 1 1/2 of coffee. Besides this, I added 2 tsps. of sugar as well. Mom loved it too. Thank you for sharing this, its lovely!