Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple mousse.
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1⁄3 cup strong black coffee
- 1 tablespoon rum or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- MELT chocolate in the hot coffee and add flavoring.
- REMOVE from heat and beat in 1 tablespoon butter and three egg yolks, one by one.
- BEAT the egg whites until stiff and stir them quickly into the chocolate mixture.
- PUT into small serving dishes and chill four hours before serving.
- Decorate each dish with a crystalized violet, candied coffee beans or grated chocolate.