Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are the best and one of my favorite cookie recipes, and I have made my share of many recipes over the years but have always come back time after time to make these cookies, I just love the coffee and chocolate taste! --- you may substitute 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla for the maple extract :)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Set oven to 350°.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Prepare/grease a large cookie sheet.
- Cream sugars with butter and shortening (about 2 minutes).
- Beat in egg and maple extract.
- In a bowl, sift dry ingredients, and add to the creamed mixture; beat until combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (don't overbake!).
- Cool and remove to a wire rack.
Another Kittencal gem! These were spectacular and I'm already addicted. My husband loves coffee so I'm sure he's going to be asking for these very often now.
These are good cookies and people like them but they're not like your Delicious Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars. Those are INCREDIBLE and everyone raved about them. The coffee taste was nice in the cookies but they dried out fairly quickly and lost their wonderful texture. Still a good cookie though. I'm so glad you share your recipes!
My cookies baked up flat, but had the just right slightly crisp, mostly chewy texture. I did use maple extract and in combination with the coffee and chocolate--well, rich flavor is an understatement. I did not add the walnuts, but will do so next time, just to counter-balance all that richness. Thanks for sharing this recipe.