These are the best and one of my favorite cookie recipes, and I have made my share of many recipes over the years but have always come back time after time to make these cookies, I just love the coffee and chocolate taste! --- you may substitute 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla for the maple extract :)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Set oven to 350°.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Prepare/grease a large cookie sheet.
- Cream sugars with butter and shortening (about 2 minutes).
- Beat in egg and maple extract.
- In a bowl, sift dry ingredients, and add to the creamed mixture; beat until combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (don't overbake!).
- Cool and remove to a wire rack.