Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a buttery-rich moist cake! A delicious streusel topping takes the place of frosting for this cake, the streusel is so good that I have used it on many other cakes. This cake has been a family favorite for years, hope you enjoy!
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml chocolate chips
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml flour
- 9.85 ml cocoa
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, softened
- 177.44 ml mini chocolate chip (can use regular chocolate chips)
- 177.44 ml finely chopped nuts
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs for about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture along with the sour cream to the creamed mixture; mix until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish, and smooth out batter.
- To make topping: mix together brown sugar, flour, cocoa and butter until crumbly.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Sprinkle the streusel mixture evenly over cake batter in the pan.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes (do not overbake).
So yummy! Definitely great presentation. You always post the best recipes Kittencal! Thank you for sharing!
very good. I want sweeter, maybe double the brown sugar part & put a layer in the middle (more of a dessert than a breakfast for me). Because a previous reviewer complained I used slightly less baking soda than requested with no problems.
What can I say? You have another win win recipe. This was nice 'n moist with lots of flavor.