This is an adopted recipe that I have not yet tried. The original chef's commented, "This sinfully rich cake is low in fat and great as a afternoon snack."
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler.
- Add milk and coffee.
- Set aside 2 tbsp of mixture for topping.
- Combine flour, baking soda, powder and salt.
- Cream together sugar and butter, beat in eggs and coffee mixture.
- Stir flour into wet ingredients 1/3 at a time.
- Pour batter in a 9-inch greased pan.
- Combine flour,nuts, brown sugar, salt and butter together with the reserved coffee mixture.
- Spread evenly overtop of batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minute.