- 709.77 ml whole wheat flour
- 473.18 ml cultured buttermilk or 473.18 ml yogurt or 473.18 ml whey or 473.18 ml kefir
- 354.88 ml artificial sweetener (I use sucanat, but regular sugar would work too)
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml coconut oil
- 59.14 ml cocoa powder
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 0.25 ml salt
- 0.25 ml clove
- 236.59 ml nuts, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine flour and liquid (buttermilk, yogurt, etc.). Cover and allow to soak for 12-24 hours.
- After soaking, combine remaining ingredients. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and cover with chopped nuts, if desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.